Camera is taking black photos

edited July 2014 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
I was taking pictures the other day and by the third picture the camera started taking black photos. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advise?

Thanks

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Hope your lens cap was off. =)

What mode was your camera on? Do you get the same results with a different lens? Does Live View work? I need more info.
  • edited August 2014
    I am having a similar problem with my D3200 which is 18 months old. It suddenly stopped capturing still images shot using the viewfinder, but would capture video perfectly using LV. It captures the occasional image on burst mode, but most of the still image capture is blank. I have tried switching lenses, SD card, AF and MF mode, and resetting all settings but it makes no difference.
    Any ideas? I am on holiday in Paris so it is very frustrating and all Nikon dealers appear to be closed for the August holidays!
  • edited August 2014
    Does it capture still images using live view?

If it does, I'd suspect a mechanical mirror problem. Not that it really matters much, since whatever the problem is it will likely require taking the camera to be repaired. If you can shoot still in Live View at least you can still get pictures.