Lens Suggestions

edited June 2014 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
I'm really new to the photography world and I was wondering what are some good beginner lenses? I would like a good macro, telephoto, prime, and wide angle lens. I'm looking for good but inexpensive.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Hey Susan, welcome to the world of photography! You’ve listed every single type of lens as something you want. When building up your kit, it’s generally not a good idea to go out and buy a bunch of lenses before you need them. You would usually end up with a bunch of lenses that you find you don’t need.
    The best way to go about it is to ask yourself what do you want to shoot, and then figure out what lens is ideal for your type of photography.

Also, it’s better to have just 2 or 3 quality lenses than 4 or 5 average lenses.

That said, there is one perfect beginner lens which is the 35mm f/1.8. It has a normal field of view, so most people would definitely have a use for it. The fast aperture allows for low-light shooting and creative freedom with depth of field manipulation. It has great performance and image quality, and is very inexpensive.
  • Thank you so much.
  • edited June 2014
    I love my 35mm f/1.8 lens.

It is a must have for photography.