Multiple Files

edited June 2014 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I recently-ish got a Nikon D3200 (in April of this year). I wanted to use it in RAW and JPG fine mode, but instead of it giving me both files, it gave me two JPGs and no RAW. The second, unwanted JPG file was called - for example - DSC_001 (1) and the wanted one was simply DSC_001.
I gave up on wanting a RAW file, and set it simply to JPG fine, but just a few days ago it started giving me two JPGs again - even though only JPG fine was selected.
Has anyone else had this? How do I fix it? It's really annoying having to sort through a 1000 or so photos each time and delete the unwanted ones.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2014
    What is the purpose of the RAW file?
  • edited June 2014
    Nothing much. I may need it, and it's just annoying not being able to have it.
  • edited June 2014
    Check to see if you have Bracketing on. If so, turn it off.
    Check to see if you’ve enabled Multiple exposure mode. If so turn it off.
    If you’re still out of ideas, reset the camera to factory defaults

The following is taken from this link:
    https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17395/~/how-to-reset-a-d-slr-to-factory-default-settings

“The D3200 and D3100 do not have a 2 button reset option. To perform a reset you need to manually choose the reset option in the Shooting Menu and the Setup menu. To do this press 'Menu', select the Shooting Menu and scroll through the options until 'Reset Shooting Options' is highlighted, press ok, highlight 'Yes' and press ok again. Repeat this for the Setup menu.”
  • Where are braketing and multiple exposure located?
  • There is no bracketing or multi exposure function on the D3200.

Mine has not done what is described here, and I would worry a little, but first I think I would both reset the camera and reformat the card, or try a different card.
  • edited June 2014
    I'll try that, otherwise I'll go to a camera shop and see if they know.