Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Nikon D3100 Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Smudge on lens

edited May 2014 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
Very soon after I purchased my Nikon D3100 starter kit, I purchased a Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG MACRO lens. I've started experimenting with that lens so I can start to understand how to use it and can become comfortable with it. Unfortunately, when I've looked at photos I've taken with that particular lens, I've noticed a small, dark smudge in the upper left quadrant of my photos. I've tried gently cleaning the lens, but it is not removing the smudge in photos. I have only used a clean cloth (the type you use to clean glasses or pc/laptop screens) in an attempt to remove any surface dirt or oils that might be causing the smudge, so maybe I need some type of liquid solution that's specifically for cleaning lenses before I can really determine if the smudge is caused by something inside the lens? Thanks, in advance, for any advice you can offer.

Comments