Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Disneyland shots

edited March 2014 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
Hello all, I have had my 60D now for 6 months and I love it. My wife and I are going to Disneyland with our daughter and I'm hoping to get some really nice photos. I will be mostly shooting in manual and AV,and I was looking for any advice on ISO. I still have trouble at times adjusting the right light setting. I'm going to take my 18-200mm and 28-105mm lenses. I'm also thinking of taking the nifty-fifty. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sergio

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Hi there,
    Personally, I would leave ISO set to auto or restricted auto (Auto 800). In a place like Disneyland you will want to concentrate on getting shots and not fiddling with camera settings.
    As for the lenses, do you really need your 28-105mm if you are taking your 18-200mm? The nifty-fifty would be useful for interior or early evening shots when the light is fading.
    If I was doing this trip, I would tend to use AV as much as possible to, again, cut out fiddling around with settings.
    Enjoy your trip and have a great time!
    Regards,
    PBked
  • edited March 2014
    PBked,
    Thanks for the great advice. You're probably right not needing the 28-105mm since my kit lens is pretty sharp as is. I will also be shooting in Raw. Since Disney is well known for fireworks I will try to get some shots of those too.

Sergio