Travel gear

edited January 2014 Posted in » Canon T3i Forum
I will be going to England in June and want to travel light. In my bag I have my Rebel T3i, kit lenses 18-55mm and 55-250mm as well as 50mm f/1.8. I will be shooting everything from landscapes, city scenes, museums and family. Is it necessary to take everything in order to get the best shots?

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Hi Anne,
    I've said this so many times that I think Tamron should pay me. If your budget allows, consider the Tamron 18-270mm pzd and take your 50mm f/1.8 for low light shots indoors. The Tamron has exceptional performance in its class and will replace your 18-55mm and 55-250mm.
    The Tamron is my travel lens of choice. I holiday in Italy every year and it is the only lens I take. I am always willing to e-mail people with examples of the shots you can get with this lens.
    Regards, PBked
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks PBked for the reply. I'm on a tight budget but would love to get this lens in the future. I may have to haul all 3 lenses if I can't come up with the money before my trip, but it looks like a way better option for travel at a reasonable price.