My camera isn't turning on after I took the memory card out

edited December 2013 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
I took some pictures over the holidays and my mother wanted them on her own computer. I told her I would send her the pictures but she refused and forced me to give her the memory card claiming that nothing bad will happen. I gave it to her so I really don't know what she did with the memory card (a sandisk 32GB). She said she plugged it in the computer, but after she gave me the memory card back I put it back in the camera and now the camera won't even turn on! It's dead! Any help or tips? It could be the battery but I remember it was half-way charged yesterday.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Hi Kat,
    There is no reason why the camera should not turn on even without a memory card. If the card was corrupt you would be given a message on your camera. I suggest try charging the battery fully and try again. If this does not work, do you have a spare battery (always a good idea to have a spare)? If you do not have a spare, take your camera to your local, friendly photo store as they usually have batteries available so they can demonstrate cameras. They might even solve your problem for you. Good luck!
    PBked