Camera bag for my 60D, lenses and other gear

edited March 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
I have a Canon 60D, 5 lenses from the "nifty fifty" on up to the Canon 70-200mm, along with a small light box and a ring. I'd like a recommendation for a bag I can use around my waist and turn to a sling bag around my back. Something weather proof and have my camera with lens inside ready for use. Please let me know your recommendations.

Thank you very much!
DNelsonGB
Green Bay, WI

Comments

• Howdy @dnelsongb - Are you looking to carry all of your gear or only the 60D and a few lenses? What's the rough size of your light box when disassembled? Also, I'm assuming by "ring" you're implying ring flash? Let me know and I'd be glad to point you in the right direction. :)
  • edited March 2012
    Hey Dnelson of Greenbay....I am down by Elkhhart Lake. Did you look at Lowepro or Kata backpacks? - Bill
  • edited April 2012
    I have a 60D as well, along with a backpack for the body and lenses.
    I'm looking for a bag which is small enough for the 60D and an attached 18-135 lens, in addition to something small such as filters, flash cards and so on. Could you please recommend some suitable bags?
  • edited April 2012
    Lowepro 2/300 aw series bags, but as Moose states, more info is needed for the correct application and use. The bags I listed are general use bags.
  • Howdy @al289 - If you're looking for something compact to hold your 60D and 18-135mm lens, take a look at the Caselogic SLRC-201 zoom holster (see here). There's also enough room to store extra memory cards, batteries, filters, etc... Happy shooting! :)
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you for your recommendations. I am considering Lowepro Adventura TLZ 15 (see here) and TLZ 25 (see here). TLZ 15 is a bit smaller, but I'm not sure if it fits my 60D and lens. I heard that it fits the T3i perfectly, but the 60D is slightly bigger. Which one should I choose?
  • @al289 - You'll need to go with the TLZ 25 (see here). The TLZ 15 has an interior height around 5.3 inches, while the TLZ 25 is around 6.7 inches. Your 60D coupled with the 18-135mm lens, is just about 6.7 inches so it should fit like a glove.
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you @Moose, I'm going to order TLZ 25. ;)