Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Nikon D3200 Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Water sports

edited December 2013 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
I've just purchased my new Nikon D3200 camera today and I'm so excited! I also purchased the 55-200mm lens. I'll be attending a Christmas party at the beach and will be using jet skis. What setting do I use for this kind of action?

Comments

• Hey @wintermum - I would shoot in shutter priority (S) and adjust your shutter speed to 1/1000. This will give you a fast enough shutter speed to freeze most of the action. If you notice a bit of subject blur, try increasing it to 1/2000. As long as you have plenty of light, it shouldn't be a problem getting a shutter speed that fast.

In addition to the above mentioned settings, I would set your focus mode to AF-C and adjust your release mode to continuous. With these settings in place, half-press the shutter button to continuously focus on the subject and when ready hold down the shutter to fire off a burst of images. This will increase the odds of capturing a keeper.

Happy shooting! :)