Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Portrait lens

edited November 2013 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
My main interest so far has been landscape and sport/wildlife, so my kit has been focused on that area. However, I find myself taking more shots of people (both indoor and out) than ever before. With a big birthday and Christmas on the way, the price of the lens isn't a major problem, but which lens should I buy?

Any advice would be very welcome.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    I've had a good look on the net and read many posts on this site, and there are so many choices. What I really need is hands on advice on a lens for indoor, low light portrait shots.
  • edited November 2013
    Click on reviews at the top of this page to see Moose's thoughts on the Canon 50mm f/1.8. For indoor work you might want to consider going a little wider like a 35mm for example. Sigma and Tamron do this sort of range much cheaper than Canon. If you really want to get into low light work, then also consider an f/1.4 or f/1.2 though the price curve is much steeper with these low aperture lenses.
    Regards, PBked