High contrast pictures in black & white with no grey tones

edited October 2013 Posted in » Canon T3i Forum
Does anyone know if I can set my Canon T3i to take high contrast (no grey tones at all) black & white photos with just my camera; no photoshop, printer, etc. ?

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Hi there,
    You can set your picture style to 'monochrome' which will give you black and white pictures.
    To get high contrast b&w you will need to set up a custom style and change the parameters to your preference. Setting a custom style like this saves you from having to remember to change your picture style when you want to shoot in color. If you shoot in RAW then it is possible to revert a b&w picture to color, but not with JPG.
    If you browse the web, you may find that someone has already created a picture style to suit your needs which can be easily downloaded and registered to your camera. If you bought your camera fairly recently, your software provides 'picture style editor' or it can be downloaded from Canon's website. This software makes creating picture styles easy.
    Hope this is of some help.
    Best regards, PBked
  • edited November 2013
    I am okay with the camera, but really stupid with the computer. Does anyone know if I can do this with just the settings on my camera? I do not want to revert a B&W picture back to color, I just want to create high contrast B&W pictures. Thanks @PBked, but I'm still a little lost.
  • edited November 2013
    Hi again,
    The short answer to your question is that your best option is to use a program like Lightroom. The camera software is not advanced enough to do what you want to do.
    Regards, PBked
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks, I will check it out.
  • edited April 2014
    When you go to the monochrome picture style, there is a contrast setting in that style. If you increase the contrast all the way up, it will give you a much higher contrast.