Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Canon T2i Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Busy message on viewfinder

edited October 2013 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Hello!
I am new to your forum and I decided to ask a question here to see if we can find a solution for my problem and maybe others with the same problem too!
My T2i camera I bought used shows a busy message on the viewfinder. The LCD is faulty so I cannot see if the busy message is there too, but I have no reason to believe that it won't be. Most of the time I power it on it doesn't allow me to take pictures or do anything else. I have checked with the card from my 600D (class 10) which works flawlessly on the 600D, with no luck on the T2i. When I pull the card out it focuses, releases the shutter and shows the picture taken as normal.
And here comes the mystery part...when I connect the AV (not HDMI. Haven't tried with an HDMI) cable ,no matter if I connect the cable to a tv or to anything at all, the camera returns to working condition and saves on all cards with no busy or other error messages at all! I found this out because the LCD is faulty (doesn't show anything but black screen. Only backlight works ok) and I wanted to see if it will show the menu on the external screen which it does perfectly!!
I have tried to find out what's going on with no luck. The main board seems ok and corrosion/watermark free. The LCD has watermarks so I assume that's why it doesn't work. I have ordered a new one to change it.
There are days and times that it works without the AV cable, but most times it refuses to work unless I have the AV cable connected!
I have tried to refresh the firmware and I have installed MagicLantern to check the internal temperatures, which are normal (max 40C at over an hour powered on and shooting)!
I would like to hear your thoughts on what it may have!
Thanks a lot!