Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Canon T2i Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

How to Make Greens "Pop" in Forest Photography

edited August 2013 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
I was wondering if there is a filter recommendation for early morning forest photography under overcast skies that might make my greens pop even more. I use a Canon EFS 15-85mm lens, shoot in Av mode, use a tripod and shoot 3 exposures. Thanks!

Comments

• @alacazam - There are some warming filters out there that will liven things up a bit, but before throwing down money on a filter I would try two things...

1. Change your white balance to cloudy. This will saturate the greens a bit more and give you warmer tones.

2. If you really want to make the greens pop, you'll need to do some post-processing. If you don't have any editing software at the moment, my advice would be to go with Lightroom. It's the gold standard for photo organization/editing and it's not as complex as Photoshop.

All the best!
  • edited October 2013
    Hi @Moose, thanks so much for the info! I am going out tomorrow morning and will reset my white balance. I will also check out Lightroom. This a great website and thanks again. :-)