Dealing with Wedding Guests

ejlejl
edited July 2013 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
I have an aunt who married a guy who is trying to play photographer. Yesterday he tells me that he was at a wedding taking pictures as a guest, where there were three professional photographers. One of them stepped in front of him while he was taking pictures and he says to the photographer (who is getting paid to do this), "Hey buddy that will be the last time you do that". I was shocked!

My question is, when you are the photographer getting paid to shoot a wedding how do you deal with guests who get in the way while trying to take the shots?

Comments

• @ejl - It's always best to take the highroad with guests. Remember, they may refer you to someone they know. If you have to get in front of someone, just ask for permission and then thank them once you're done. As we all know, there are people who are just grumpy and impossible to deal with. In those situations, just ignore them. Your priority is the client. All the best!
  • ejlejl
    edited August 2013
    I just did a wedding, and for the most part everyone understood, without me even saying anything, not get in the way. I know it's hard sometimes because they want pictures too, but there was one guest which I did ask nicely to let me get the shot, then she could and she was grumpy. It's all good, I got my shots. :)
  • @ejl - As long as you got your shots, that's all that matters! :)