Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Canon T2i Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Landscape Photography

edited July 2013 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
I understand that with landscape photography a large F/stop number is best, and I also understand ISO settings. I am a new one to DSLR, but I have a grasp on the basics. My question is which kit lens would be best for capturing the widest angle of a landscape if I do not care about zooming or focusing on a closer area of the landscape?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    @shaun91,

I would grab the widest lens you have. If you have the kit lens it would be a 18-55mm or 18-135mm.
    You have to remember an 18-55mm with a 1.6X factor is really about a 28-88mm. I use a Tokina 11-16mm for really wide shots. You could start around f/8 and go from there. Depending on your lighting, I would have a tripod and remote cable handy as well. Evening and night shots usually require it. I am not a pro by any means, this is just my 2 cents!

Hope this helps!
  • edited July 2013
    Yes, I was thinking at starting at f/15 and going up to f/22. This is all great advice, thanks for the fast response.