Hey Moose! Love the site and glad you added this forum.
First off, here is the equipment I am working with:
Canon Rebel T3i
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF-S Zoom lens 18 mm-135 mm - F/3.5-5.6
Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM II
Delkin Devices 32GB SDHC Memory Card Elite 633x UHS-I
I have a bit of a complicated, multi-part question.
I will be attending the "Super Bowl of Professional Wrestling" known as Wrestlemania on April 1st. This year it is taking place in Miami, FL at the Sun Life Stadium. The event will have a late afternoon start time and carry on into the evening which means natural light will be coming in through the beginning of the event but fade as the night progresses. Here is a short video (see here
) to give you an idea of what the event will look like.
Now then, as much as I would love to be sitting ringside, I am actually sitting closer to what would be the 40 yard line at a football game (the ring is in the center of the 50 yard line). Here is a seating chart (see here
) to give you a better idea (I'm Chris btw):
So here are my questions:
1. If I wanted to capture fast-paced action, what settings should I start at and what should I progress to as it becomes darker?
2. What setting(s) should I use to capture a firework display (at the stadium)?
3. If they were to deny me the use of my Sigma lens, would my 135mm stand a chance at capturing anything without blurring?
4. Since there will be a lot going on, should I shoot in bursts?
5. Are there drawbacks to shooting in bursts?
6. Should I keep the flash on or off?
7. Do you think that I should keep the AF off most of the time?
Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!