Random Picture Settings

edited June 2013 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
Moose, after purchasing your cheat cards I feel as if have learned a lot in a short time. I do have to obviously keep referring to them as I go. Yesterday I was out with my dog, no cheats cards in hand and I just wanted to take some random pictures quickly without just using the A setting (really trying to avoid this ). The weather was nice and bright and the pictures were just of scenery, trees etc. My question is are there typical settings I can use? Should I be shooting in P program in these circumstances? Thanks again for your help.

Comments

• @steved - You would want to reference the "Nature & Architectural Detail" cheat card for the exact settings in this particular situation. If you're in a hurry and don't have time to setup your camera, then stick with P mode. This is just a generalized Auto mode that tries to get an accurate exposure.

Again if you want more control and better looking shots, you're best bet is to get out of Auto/P mode and follow the recommended settings for that situation. All the best and happy shooting!