Picture Size

edited May 2013 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
I really only veiw my photos on my PC or IPAD, and at the moment I do not print. What would be the best size to shoot my photos in, and what is JPEG or RAW better?

Comments

• @steved - If you're not into editing (post-processing) your photos then just shoot in JPEG. If you'd like to (someday) post-process your photos, then I would shoot in RAW. Shooting in RAW gives you more editing control, especially over exposure and white balance.

I personally wouldn't reduce the size of the image in-camera. If you want to re-size your shots, for your iPad or for web, there are many free programs out there that can batch re-size all of your photos. Google's Picasa is one free program.

Happy shooting! :)
  • edited August 2013
    Many thanks @Moose. Does it make a difference using RAW to JPEG if I am downloading to Facebook? First day on the site and I'm getting lots of help.
  • @steved - Welcome to the forum! There's no such thing as silly questions in my book. :)

If you're uploading straight to Facebook, then shoot JPEG and batch re-size all your photos before you upload. It will make uploading much faster.