Photo Properties

edited May 2013 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
Hi All,

I would like to know how to disable the feature where people can view the properties of a photo after saving the picture on their desktop. What do I do so that the properties and data of a particular picture cannot be seen.

Thanks in advance, Sumi

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Hi,
    What software are you using to view your pictures?
    Regards, PBked
  • edited May 2013
    Hi PBKed,

I use microsoft office 2010. I would appreciate advice on this.

Thanks and regards, Sumi
  • edited May 2013
    Hi again,
    The picture viewer built into Office is very basic and really not of much use. Personally, I would install a dedicated picture viewer. There are quite a few free ones such as Irfanview or Fastone. I use Irfanview because it is reliable, relatively simple, has regular updates and comes with the option to load plugins. During installation you can specify file associations so Irfanview always opens when that file (eg. jpg) is clicked on.
    However, as I said there are other viewers/editors which are free. It might be worth downloading some and trying them out. You can always uninstall the ones you don't like. You may get other posts on this thread as most people have their own favourite programs.
    Best regards, PBked
  • edited May 2013
    I use Lightroom. I like it as it allows me to view and do a heap of edits without having to go to photoshop or the like.

• edited June 2013
    Thank you very much !
  • edited June 2013
    I must admit I'm a big fan of Photoshop.
    Yes, you would need a degree to be able to use all of its functions, but the basics are quite easily mastered and you can use Adobe's DNG software to convert Canon's CR2 RAW images into a format which Photoshop will accept?