Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Nikon D5100 Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Slow Shutter

edited January 2013 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
Hello, I recently owned a Nikon D3000. When using my D3000 the shutter speed was really fast. For instance if I was taking pictures of a bunch of kids in AUTO mode, I could get tons of pictures very fast.

I upgraded and bought the D5100. I got it home this evening and took a few pics and the shutter speed is slow. It's set to AUTO mode, (just like I used my D3000) and there is a second click you have to wait on before continuing snapping.

In other words I want to be able to take pictures fast! I use this stuff for personal use, and I have no clue on camera settings. Any advice? As I mentioned above I know nothing about the settings because I only use it for personal usage!

Thanks!

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I assume when you say "shutter speed is slow", you actually meant shutter lag. Check your release mode settings. Go into the camera's menu, select custom, and open d4:Exposure Delay Mode; make sure it's turned off.

If you're shooting in Live View, there'll be significant shutter lag associated with that mode.