Filters for my T2i

edited March 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Howdy! I recently bought a UV filter (58mm) for my T2i, but now that I can see what all they do for the pics, I want more. Do you recommend a brand name or a type of filter? Thanks! - Escudeb

Comments

• Howdy @escudeb - Yep, I love Hoya branded filters. They use high quality glass which doesn't impede on image sharpness. Cheaper third party filters tend to have low grade glass which can sap details and overall clarity from your shots.

As for types of filters, I regularly use circular polarizers and neutral density filters. A Circular polarizer will give you added saturation, which is great for getting deeper blue skies and more cloud detail. Neutral density filters allow you to use slower shutter speeds in bright light, giving you the ability to capture interesting effects like flowing water.

If you're looking for a 58mm Hoya branded circular polarizer, check this one out. If you're interested in a 58mm neutral density filter, check this one out.

Happy shooting! :)
  • edited April 2012
    I checked out the circular polarizer and ND filter through your link above. B&H also has a kit (by Hoya) containing a UV filter, Polarizer and ND filter. I was wondering if the quality of those filters in the kit are comparable to the two you recommended as they did not have detailed information in the description. I didn't know whether to buy the two individually or buy the kit.
  • @SEStrauss - If the kit includes Hoya branded filters, then you're good to go. Happy shooting! :)
  • Awesome! Thanks!!
  • Thanks, Moose! I ordered and received the kit and am happily experimenting the results the different filters can give me.