Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Canon T2i Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Sigma 24mm f/1.8 Lens

edited January 2013 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Moose, thanks for putting so much time into your site and offering such great information for everyone that finds it. I surely appreciate it.

I have been using the kit lens with my T2i for close to a year now. I bought the nifty fifty and have taken some really great photos with it. For the price it really is a killer lens for beginners. I think I'm ready to upgrade though.

I'm an avid fisherman and take a lot of up close pictures of the fish I catch. I also have been making videos of our trips on the water and have had a lot of fun doing so. Below is a link to one of our videos we made with the T2i and the hero2.

I'm really interested in the Sigma 24mm f/1.8 I have read a lot of really good reviews on this lens and I'm about to pull the trigger. Moose, do you think this lens would be a good choice for up close photography and also video? I don't want to drop $500+ if it's not. I appreciate any info you or any other photography lover can offer.

Thanks!