Settings for Indoor Group Shots

edited January 2013 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
Hi Moose,
We do a lot of training of groups at work. I have been asked to take pictures during training sessions and a group picture at the end of the training. It is in a large conference room with about 70 people. Any advise on what settings to put my camera on when I take the indoor pictures, especially the group photos and when they are in session?

Thank you.
I am using a D5100 and have 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses.

Comments

• @moniquetbag - It really depends on how much natural light is available. I would shoot primarily in Aperture Priority (A on the mode dial) and select the lowest available f-number (this will be dependent on the lens and focal length). I would also jump into your settings and enable Auto ISO. That should get you going in the right direction. :)
  • edited January 2013
    You can try Aperture Priority with Live view (next to the Mode dial there is an Lv switch).
    You can change your AF-area mode settings to Face-Priority AF. With these settings your camera will be able to recognize a maximum 35 faces automatically. You can play with it.
    Also check the White balance settings if there is a problem with the colors.
    I think the 18-55mm will be good for the job as it requires a wide angle.