Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Canon T2i Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Shooting a Wedding

edited December 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Hello! So, I was asked to do my first wedding, and I'm a little nervous. I don't have an extended flash and I know that the setting will most likely be low light. I have the 18-55mm, fifty nifty and just purchased the 70-300mm lens.

Any tips for shooting in low light?
Will I absolutely need an extended flash? I'm on a low budget.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Comments

• edited December 2012
    I am not a professional.

I don't use flash during the ceremony, and I try not to interfere with the ceremony. It's actually a good idea to talk to the priest beforehand for your setup.

I would at the very least rent a flash and a Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens for shooting in low light. That lens works great in low light and offers great image quality. Around here this lens can be rented for around $35 for a weekend.

The nifty fifty will allow you to take great portraits of the newlyweds.

Weddings are very special. If your equipment fails, you won't get a second chance of taking those pictures. That is why most photographers bring a backup camera, flash and lenses. You could also work on a two person team with a friend to cover several angles.

Bring extra batteries!

You could have a look at the website of some professional photographers, that will give you ideas.