Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Grey Color on my Photos

edited December 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
Hi all,
I just recently bought a Canon 50mm lens (the nifty-fifty) and have been practicing with it. I notice however that all the pictures I'm taking with it are not sharp at all and they have a greyish color on them. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

I wish there was somewhere I could post and you could see them.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    @maiMelissa - Hi There! My first guess would be to check the white balance. Send me some of the shots to austonbass2@hotmail.com and I will have a look and get back to you.

Cheers,
    Auston
  • edited December 2012
    hi Auston - I just emailed you two photos. Your help is mostly appreciated. Also, with this lens when I reduce the Fstop to less than 2.2 the bokeh is very bad. I have emailed those photos too.
  • edited December 2012
    @maiMelissa - Did the things we talked about help? If they did then we need to get the messages copy/pasted to here so it could help others, maybe.

Later,
    Auston
  • edited December 2012
    Hi Auston, sorry I forgot to post feedback. I realized the ISO was too high and with the Fstop at 1.8 there was too much light going in, so I put ISO at Auto and Fstop at 2.2 and all is well in my photography world. Thanks so much for your help, it's really handy for someone to have a look at your pictures!
  • @maiMelissa - Glad we got that sorted out. I look forward to sharing images with you. You are on my Facebook, post what ya think about the ones I have on there. I love the feed back.

Cheers,
    Auston