Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Nikon D5100 Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Using Reverse Lens Adapter for Macro Photography

edited November 2012 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
I'm wanting to try a reverse lens adapter for macro photography. It's a method to use your tele/wide lens for macro photography. I've heard about it and saw couple of links/videos/tutorials, but didn't get any idea which lens mound I should purchase for my 18-55mm and 55-200mm VR lens.

Any idea about it and the price? I have checked and found out that there are various reverse lens adapter mountings (52/55/57/58mm) and I'm pretty confused which one will be appropriate for my Nikon D5100.

Please feel free to give some ideas or suggestions.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    It depends on the filter size or the diameter of the lens at the other end (glass part not the mount part). For the kit lens I believe it's 52mm diameter.
  • edited January 2013
    Your 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses have 52mm. Many filters and attachments have 58mm. If your attachment has 58mm, then you need a 58-52 ring. If you bought a bundle with your Nikon D5100 (wide angle lens, macro lens, etc.) the ring should be together with the adapter.