Movie Recording Auto Turn Off After Five Seconds

edited October 2012 Posted in » Canon T3i Forum
Hello,
I just got my camera back in September for my birthday. The only thing I'm having trouble figuring out is why my camera automatically stops recording a video after five seconds. I've tried playing with the settings and just can't seem to figure it out. I'm using a PNY premium 8 GB memory card with 2 hour HD video and the 18-55mm lens. As a barrel racer, I'd love to be able to have someone video tape my runs with this camera! Also, my friend has the T2i and hers does the same thing. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• edited October 2012
    @Kalgirl22 - Hello, I am going to take a guess and say that you both are using a SD card in a class 6 or lower. You can check this by looking at your card and on it there will be a C with a number in it (4,6,8 or10). These numbers are what denotes the wright speed of your memory cards. It might not be the case, but if you are shooting your videos on the highest settings then it might be overwhelming the card and your camera shuts down.

Buy a 16 or 32 gb class 10 SD card and try to take a video. I use a Sandisk Pro 16gb class 10 and have not had any trouble. You are looking at about 25-30 dollars for the SD card.

I think that will fix you up. Let me know how it pans out.
    Later,
    Auston
  • edited October 2012
    @Auston,
    I will give my card a look! Thanks for the advice, and I'll let you know how it goes.
  • edited February 2013
    @Kalgirl22 this just happened to me as well and Auston was right. I checked my cards and that was indeed the case.