What Lens To Get?

edited October 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
I just got a 60D with the Tamron 18-270mm. With the canon rebates I could instead get a combo of the 18-55mm, 18-135mm, 55-250mm, or 70-300mm. Just about any two of these would get the range of focal length for about the same price as the tamron. I want to take the best advantage of this good price from my local camera shop. The best deal is getting the 18-135mm and the 70-300mm. I mostly take pictures of my kids and their antics in and out, near and far. I like the convienience of the Tamron but I also know better lenses are better. What should I do?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    @Klevi - The Tamron has had great reviews and they are solid lenses, but if you think you might want to dabble in wildlife or sports photography then that little extra from the 70-300mm will be a help. I have both the 18-135mm and 70-300mm, with the 55-250mm. I like them all and use them all fairly equal, but I think that any combo you go with will do what you want. On the other hand the the package that you list as the better deal will in my line of thought give you more room to play and experiment with you camera.

Happy Shooting,
    Auston
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks for the input. It seems the more I look the more confusing it gets. I've been playing with the lens inside mostly and low light sure is tough. Would any of the Canon lenses do better in low light? If I buy the 18-135mm and 70-300mm now with the 60D I can save $550. I would only be saving $100 on the Tamron and can probably get that deal anytime. I just feel like buying the Canon lenses now is too good of a bargain to pass up.