Settings For Capturing Fall Colors

edited September 2012 Posted in » General Discussion
Hello Moose, I need your tips on the settings for capturing some fabulous fall colors. I am here in the US (Boston) for the first time during fall, and I don't want to miss the fun. I really want to take back home some nice images. I also want to know how I can get crisp images as the trees are swaying (I end up with lot of blurry pictures).
Thank you for your response.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    @ anupartha - Hi and welcome to the site, I think I can help you. In regards to the swaying trees, you can't capture the motion with out some blur. To get the sharp image I think you are looking for, set your camera to TV on the dial and your shutter speed to at least 1/200. TV mode will let the camera set the aperture but you can stop the motion on the trees and not have the blur.
    For the colors, you need to get your shoots in the morning or afternoon when the sun is low in the sky. This is when the colors are the richest. What has helped me capture color tones has been to set my camera to a negitive exposer. You can do this by looking through the view finder (or on the live view lcd) and with the shutter button half pressed turn the big thumb wheel (on the back of the camera) counter-clockwise to go negitive. I would start with one click at a time to find what you like.
    I hope you get some awesome shots and have a Blessed day.
    Auston