Gloves for cameras (and I don't mean for winter)

edited September 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
I just bought my Canon 60D. I haven't even pulled it out of the box yet (I have some personal stuff that I need to do first, it's a long story).

Anyway, I've been thinking about how much I always hate it when something new and expensive suddenly doesn't look new even after one day because it has fingerprints and smudges all over it.

Then suddenly it hit me. This may sound extreme but for all around protection of the camera and it's various accessories (like lens and filters) would it be good to wear some kind of glove (like a latex glove)?

Obviously it has to be something that would maintain grip and ability to control the camera, but also something that would keep the camera shiny and brand new.

I won't be surprised at all if the answer is "dude it's not that big of a deal to get a few fingerprints on the camera".

Hey it's just a thought. Especially when it comes to lenses and any type of delicate glass, I've never been good at cleaning (I feel I do more harm cleaning than if I just left it dirty) so instead I try to take extra care to not get it dirty in the first place.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    @natman2939 - This is something you might want to check out. http://delkin.com/i-6128518-snug-it-pro-dslr-camera-skin-for-canon-60d.htmlnt. I do a lot of wildlife photography so I have just used camo tape on the exposed areas of mine. My friends told me I was crazy to do that to such a nice camera but, that is what I bought it for. Anyway, there are products out there for what you are wanting to do. The link I posted is not the only one.

Cheers,
    Auston
  • Agreed. I hike a lot in the Cascades and I love the snug-it pro. I can put down the camera just about anywhere and not worry about it getting scratched or too much dirt in it. Once you get accustomed to where your buttons are, you hardly even notice it.
  • Can you still attach a Quick Release plate (for the tripod) with one of these on?