NIKON AF-S105 F/2.8G VR MICRO-NIKKOR lens

edited August 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
Hi guys,

I am a beginner DSLR camera user and at this moment I am using my one and only lens which is the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 G for indoor and outdoor photography. I like everyday objects and foods photography and I'm planning to purchase another lens soon. I was wondering if this NIKON AF-S105 f/2.8G VR MICRO-NIKKOR lens is suitable for indoor macro and normal daily photography?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I would go with the new 85mm f/1.8G. The field of view is close and is best for portraits. You can stay at a distance so not to spook your subject.

I have the 35mm f/1.8G, a super lens, but I need a little more reach as well. For indoor and nights, I use the 35mm prime, and for outdoor during the bright days I use the 50-200mm DX VR.

Landon
  • edited September 2012
    Landon I also got the same setup of Kim_1980 (35mm AF-S1.8G). Way to go Kim! I like it a lot and I would like to expand my lens collection so I'm thinking about getting the AF-S 50mm 1.8S, or the 85mm, but why is it that Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR is so expensive! I'm not trying to be cheap but $500 it is a bit on the higher end of investment for a hobby.

I guess my question is between the 35mm and the 50mm. Is there a great difference? Would it be a better idea to get save the money and get a 85mm since is going to be a more significant difference in between those two (eventually I want to purchase the 50mm but I am trying to prioritize here)?