Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Nikon D5100 Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Family Photos and Settings for a walking baby

edited March 2012 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
What are the best settings for taking pictures of a 'just walking baby' using a Nikon D5100?

Comments

• @JohnPInches - Which lenses do you currently own? And do you have access to a speedlight? This will help me pinpoint some settings to start with. :)
  • edited March 2012
    Dear Moose, Thanks for your prompt reply. Congratulations for the 'new sack of potatoes'! At the moment I just have the kit lense (18-55mm), but will invest in more lenses in near future. Using mostly 'P' mode and autofocus. No speedlight, just the D5100 flash modes.
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    Hi @Moose - Thank you for your perceptive and thorough reply. I'll follow your advice carefully and perhaps also invest in a Tamron 18-200mm lens recommended by a colleague (+ speedlight). By the way, this comment comes to you from Dalian, China where I teach English. Also a new dad at the grand age of 61. Thank you again for finding time to reply to me. Yours - J.P.
  • @JohnPInches - Glad I could help and congrats on the new bundle of joy. :)